The Holiday Budget Tips You Should Try This Year
Everybody knows how important it is to plan your holiday budget. But only a tiny percent of people manage to stick to it. With the holidays almost in full swing, now is the time to create a holiday budget that works for you.
Why invite stress into the most wonderful time of year when you can learn how to manage your finances right now?
In this helpful article, you will discover several tips that can equip you with the tools you need to find success and joy this holiday season.
Tips For Setting A Holiday Budget This Year
Analyze Your Spending Categories
When thinking about their holiday budget, people usually focus on gifts. Still, most forget that they will spend their money on plenty of other things this season.
To help manage your expenses, take the following steps:
- List out each category you plan to spend money on during the holidays.
- Identify how much money you’re actually going to need for each area.
- Decide how much you can afford to spend and then assign a specific amount to each category.
Make sure that the spending categories of your holiday budget include the following:
- Gifts – try to narrow down the gift list, and don’t forget to include the wrapping supplies in the budget.
- Travel – the chances are high that you’ll visit your friends and family who live far away. Account for airfare, gas, and so on.
- Food and entertainment – if you’re hosting parties, planning on taking photos with Santa, or seeing The Nutcracker, don’t forget to consider these expenses.
- Décor and attire – Christmas trees can be quite expensive, as well as party outfits. However, you might be able to save on this category if you’re not planning on updating your home décor.
By analyzing your spending categories, you can clarify your priorities and rank the categories most essential to your budget.
Set Up A Sinking Fund
Sinking funds are great for expected and planned future purchases. Bear in mind that such a fund has to have a target date. All you have to do is set aside a certain sum every month.
This holiday budget strategy will help ensure that you’re saving up a small amount over a few months (or longer) instead of spending a big chunk of cash at once.
Sinking funds gives you safety when it comes time to purchase gifts, travel expenses, and other items from your spending categories. Instead of feeling bombarded by your purchases, you can have a game plan to address them ahead of time.
Say ‘No’ to Impulsive Shopping
The following tips can be lifesavers this holiday season:
- Whenever you go on a trip to the mall, make sure to bring your shopping list with you. Only buy what's on the list.
- If you can, shop exclusively online. Regular shops are full of distractions, especially during the festive season. While shopping online, it would be easier to look specifically for the things you already have on your list.
- You can also take advantage of special browser extensions (like Honey, for example) that help you save money by searching best coupon deals online.
- Try to use cash only (if you’re shopping in-store). Keeping track of your expenses would be easier, while a credit card might make you overspend.
Make DIY Gifts
Many people would prefer to receive a handmade gift rather than something from the mass market. This is a great way to save money if your holiday budget is extremely tight.
Here are a few ideas:
- Homemade candles
- A cinnamon-sugar hand scrub
- DIY prints
- A homemade soup mix in a jar
- Homemade salsa
How To Benefit From Payday Loans
Unfortunately, not all people can establish a sinking fund in advance. And, of course, not everyone can afford to spend over a thousand dollars in the course of a few weeks.
No one is insured from emergencies during the holiday season. If you have used your emergency fund to buy a few gifts, an unexpected auto repair or medical bill can take you by surprise.
If that’s the case, then you might want to consider getting a payday loan online from Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. because:
- The application process can take as little as 30 minutes.
- You may qualify for up to $550.
- You could receive the money on the same day (or the next business day).
Get Your Payday Loan Now
Planning your holiday budget is essential and will help you experience the joy you so greatly deserve. Unfortunately, emergencies can happen, and when they do, applying for a payday loan online might be a lifesaver in time of need.
Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. is here to ensure that nothing overshadows your holiday spirit this year. If you find yourself in a position where you urgently need some extra money, call the lender directly or complete a quick online form today.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.