Holiday Shopping: The Ultimate Guide To Staying on Budget
December 15, 2020 | Louis Tully
The holidays bring twinkling lights, peaceful snow-covered landscapes, and gifts galore. It is full of magic and joy. While the holiday season might be the most wonderful time of the year, it can also be the most stressful - and expensive - time of year.
You have presents to buy, parties to attend, and flavorful feasts to prepare. That's all on top of your everyday expenses, things like your mortgage or rent, car payments, and doctor bills. It's a lot of pressure, but don't worry! We have put together the ultimate guide for holiday shopping on budget during this crazy expensive time of year. Check it out!
The Ultimate Guide For Holiday Shopping On A Budget
You have a ton of holiday shopping to do, but what if you are on a budget? Can you make it work? Yes! There are definitely ways to make it all work - here's our guide for holiday shopping on a budget.
First Thing’s First: Make A List
Before you do anything else, make a list. Include all things holiday-related that you would like to spend money on and how much you can spend. Here are a couple of tips to help you get your list started:
- Gifts: For a lot of us, our biggest holiday expense comes from gift-giving. Think through who you would like to give a present to and include how much you would like to spend on each person.
- Party Time: 'Tis the season for fancy appetizers, decadent desserts, and sparkling beverages. Whether you are heading to an ugly sweater party or a white elephant gift exchange, you will likely need to bring a dish or drink of some sort. Make sure to include the cost of food and drink on your list.
- Travel: Are you flying or driving to see long-distance friends and family? If so, include airline tickets, hotel rooms, gas, and other travel-related fees on your list.
- All Other Holiday Stuff: Don't forget to include things like wrapping paper, charitable donations, work-related gifts. That little stuff adds up, and you want to make sure your budget covers it!
Once you have created your list - with dollar amounts - add up the total. Make sure that it fits within your budget.
You’ve Made A List: Time To Check It Twice
You've made your list, added it up, and are well over your budget. But don't become Scrooge just yet! The whole point of the list is to get you organized and help keep you on track. You need to recheck your list and figure out what can be done to bring the total cost down to work within your budget. Here are a few tips:
- You do not have to buy expensive gifts. Consider shopping at a vintage thrift store for some unique, inexpensive finds. Bake delicious goodies in big batches and hand-deliver them. There are so many creative ways to show a person you care without spending a ton of money!
- For the expensive gifts, look for deals online and compare prices. The internet is your friend here - don't buy anything, especially if it's costly, without doing your homework. It could save you big bucks.
- Maybe (gasp!) don't head out to all of the parties. It's ok to say no. Your budget will thank you!
While you may have to get creative and think outside of the box, there are plenty of ways to make it through the holidays on a budget. What happens if you find yourself in a financial pinch when facing an emergency? One that even your holiday budget can’t cover?
You Can Find The Best Payday Loans In SC! Here’s How!
What Are Payday Loans?
Having a budget is great, but sometimes it's not enough. Life has a way of throwing us extra expenses, such as dental bills or heating repairs, at the worst times, like during the holidays when we have a million things to buy.
Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. understands that and is there for you during any season of your life. Taking advantage of a payday loan is an easy way to take care of life's unexpected, expensive events any time of the year. A payday loan is a short-term unsecured loan that allows you to access money based on your most recent paystub. They’re fast, easy to apply for, and can be secured on the same day that you submit your application!
Take Advantage Of A Loan
Going to the bank to get a loan requires a lot of paperwork, credit approval, and a ton of time. Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. handles the entire payday loan process for you at an office that's convenient for you.
So, How Does It Work?
An online payday loan might be the perfect alternative for you, and the process is quick and easy. In fact, you could put the cash towards the list you prepared the same day! No matter what your income level or credit score is, Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. is ready to work with you!
Here’s a step-by-step guide for getting a payday loan:
- Getting started is simple. Just submit a form online with your basic information.
- You’ll receive a call from a representative who will walk you through the next steps, including what you need to bring to secure your payday loan today, which includes:
- Your driver’s license
- Your most recent paystub
- A blank check to your bank account
- You’ll meet with a representative who will review your information and you’ll receive your payday loan for up to $550.
Once you are approved, which can take as little as 30 minutes, you will have cash in your hand! It's that easy and that fast.
Payday Loans – How Can I Use The Cash?
Online payday loans could be the solution to your holiday budget crisis, or you can put it towards any other expenses. A loan from Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. is a fast and easy way to stay stress-free during the holiday season. Check out the benefits!
- Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. provides up to $550 - without a credit check!
- Approval is fast - you can get cash the same day you submit paperwork and are approved.
- You can pay outstanding medical/dental bills, car repairs, or utility bills. The cash is yours to spend how you see fit.
A loan from Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. could save your holiday season - get in touch with us now!