7 Quick Ways To Get Money In The Winter For Emergencies
There are many ways to get money in the winter. But some of them have proved to be easier and quicker than others. That’s why we put together a list of 7 ways that can get you more money this winter when you need it for an urgent expense or an emergency, including qualifying for South Carolina payday loans in less than a day.
7 Speedy Ways To Get Money In The Winter
1. Teach Live Lessons Digitally
No matter who you are or what your educational background is, everybody is an expert on something. And chances are, other people are willing to pay you for your knowledge.
Whether you know the history of rock music like the back of your hand or you're an expert at still life drawings, there's an app that allows you to share your expertise. Consider making an account on some of these platforms:
- Lessonface — This platform matches students with music or art tutors. It welcomes pupils of all ages, and you can charge as much or as little as you like. A half-hour guitar lesson costs around $25, but you could charge up to $90 for a 30-minute French horn tutorial. Just keep in mind that the platform takes 15% of what you make if your students discover you through the Lessonface site.
- Varsity Tutors — On this platform, you can teach anything from geometry to German. You choose your hours and earn between $15 and $40 an hour.
2. Become A Holiday Retail Assistant
The festive period is a busy one for stores, so getting a seasonal job at your favorite shop might be the best one of our ways to get money in the winter. Plus, you'll benefit from the employee discount — could you really ask for a better Christmas gift?
Temporary employment isn't something you necessarily expected to see on this list. However, the extra hours and potential for overtime pay make it worthwhile.
3. Shovel Snow Or Rake Leaves
Snow and leaves look whimsical for a short time before people ultimately just want to get rid of them. However, many households don't have the time, energy, or physical ability to shovel the snow or rake the leaves themselves. That's where this one of our ways to get money in the winter comes to save the day.
As long as you have the right equipment, you can shovel and rake snow and leaves for your neighbors who are bound to pay handsomely for your services. We recommend advertising your services on Facebook or posting flyers through mailboxes.
4. Earn Cashback When You Shop Online
If you haven't already completed your Christmas shopping, downloading a cashback app saves a lot of money. While this is one of our ways to get money in the winter won't add to your income, it'll reduce your spending.
All you need to do is create an account with a website like Ebates and shop as normal. Ebates then awards you between 5% and 20% of your cart total back.
5. Cancel Unused Subscriptions
Many of us are guilty of thinking, "I'll cancel that subscription later," and then forgetting about it. But taking the time to cancel them can save you a lot of money. Often, it's TV, magazines, and streaming services that we are often subscribed to, so review your subscriptions and cancel the ones you don’t actually use.
6. Sell Used Tech, Books, And Games
Unwanted phones, laptops, textbooks, and video games sell very well online, especially during the festive season as people look for ways to buy affordable but fun gifts. Use eBay or Facebook to sell anything you no longer want or use to earn some extra cash.
7. Qualify For Payday Loans
Payday loans in South Carolina are an option when you need money fast for an emergency. With our loans, you can borrow up to $550 to cover an urgent expense in less than a day.
How Can You Qualify For Payday Loans?
- Submit an online payday loans inquiry to get started from the comfort of your home.
- Once we receive your inquiry, one of our loan representatives will call you to explain the payday loan process, ensure you know the requirements, and answer your questions.
- After the call, go to your local Carolina Payday Loans, Inc. storefront with your driver's license (or another form of government-issued identification), most recent pay stub, and a blank check from your active checking account.
- Wait while one of our friendly loan associates assesses your documents to establish whether you qualify.
- If you do, they will help you complete the process by signing a few simple documents.
- Finally, you will receive the money you need on the same day or the following business day!
Get The Money You Need, Starting Today
Facing urgent expenses can feel stressful, but even in winter, there are plenty of ways to get money rather quickly. Use one or a few of our seven quick ways to get money in the winter, starting today.
If your urgent expense cannot wait and needs to be addressed as soon as possible, consider the last method by qualifying for payday loans. Submit the online form to get started right away.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.